Recreate the tropical paradise experience at your own kitchen with this homemade coconut syrup for pancakes. This nutrient-rich coconut syrup will truly bring your taste buds to paradise every morning. Use this recipe for your breakfast pancakes. It is very easy and quick to make.
Homemade Coconut Syrup for Pancakes Recipe
Don’t have coconut syrup in your pantry? No worries! You can make your own homemade coconut syrup for pancakes as quick as a flash. You will only need three ingredients and several steps to create one!
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat the pan on medium heat. Do not put any oil or grease.
- Put the coconut flakes in the pan and spread it evenly for toasting. Stir it evenly until it turns into golden brown.
- In a sauce pot, combine the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, and toasted coconut flakes. Bring to boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Set aside the mixture and let it cool down completely.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
And there you have it, your own coconut syrup for pancakes. Once you have this, you can start whipping luscious banana macadamia nut pancakes.
Banana Macadamia Nuts Pancake Recipe
Enjoy these fluffy pancakes topped with macadamia nuts and sliced bananas, smothered in coconut syrup. Enjoy this easy and quick to make tropical breakfast experience at your own home.
Preparation time: 15–25 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sliced bananas
- 2 peeled and mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
What you need to do:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, coconut sugar, and salt then whisk it all together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and mashed bananas then whisk all the ingredients together.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Batter the mixture until some lumps appear.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. If you do not have a nonstick pan, you can coat the pan with butter before cooking each new pancake.
- Cook pancake until the side is set and tiny bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the pancake and cook the other side.
- On a plate, pile up the pancakes. Pour coconut syrup for pancakes and top with sliced bananas, macadamia nuts, and toasted coconut flakes.
Optional topping: If you want, you can roast the sliced bananas or put it on a baking sheet, sprinkle it with coconut sugar then broil for 3 to 5 minutes and use it as a topping.
When you enjoy the recipe, make sure to share it with your family and friends. For more tips and tricks about coconut syrup, make sure to browse through Coco Trends.