I have always thanked the heavens for superfoods. Ever wonder what superfoods are? These are nutrient-rich foods considered to be especially beneficial for health and well-being. They have surmountable amounts of benefits for the mind and body.
Since some foods are considered more superior to each other in terms of nutrition or benefits, there are some that just stands out.
We have list down the top ten superfoods that should be kept in your kitchen.
- Dark Chocolate – Cocoa contains a mix of antioxidants and flavanoids that boost cardiovascular health while fighting off high blood pressure. The flavanoid found in dark chocolate is anti inflammatory.Moderation is key here. With just a few squares, you can get all the benefits this superfood has to offer.
- Kiwi – It contains the highest amounts of vitamin C. Apart from being delicious, it is a great source of vitamin E. Kiwi also has adequate fiber which helps with glucose management in the body.
- Cherries – Cherries have anti inflammatory properties and used as primary supplements to fight off gout and arthritis. Some recent studies show that cherry juice speeds up the muscle recovery process.
- Coconut Oil- It is a very good source of lauric acid and high levels of MCT. It is also a healthy boost for the immune system. Lauric acid is converted to monolaurin which is used to treat HIV patients. Coconut oil is ideal for losing weight.
- Seaweed – The best natural source of iodine is seaweed. It is cheap and tastes great. This is great with hypothyroidism.
- Blueberries – These are great sources of antioxidant. Blueberries top the QRAC scale used to rate the antioxidant levels of foods. Blueberries habe recently been used by doctors who treat different forms of brain disorders, like Alzheimer’s and dementia. It helps rehabilitate brain function.
- Free Range Eggs – Naturally fed eggs are full of Vitamin D and Omega-3 fats and amino acids. These supports the hormone production in the body.
- Kale – Kale has vitamins C, K and A. It also contains a particularly beneficial class of phytonutrient called sulforaphane. Kale is another antioxidant packed food.
- Grass Fed Beef – It has abundant amounts of Omega-3 fats, has the best protein and fat sources. It is also packed with amino acids. Grass Fed Beef is a staple in any serious Paleo dieters plan.
- Wild Caught Salmon – When you are talking Omega-3 fats, salmon is the all-star! The krill eaten by the salmon not only nourishes it with its healthy compound, but it also gives the fish it’s reddish orange color.